It’s time to prepare the batter for the best ever Yorkshire Puddings. Use our Wharfe Valley Farms rapeseed oil in each compartment in the tin – you need a red hot cooking temperature and our Wharfe Valley rapeseed oils are a great way to achieve this without burning! You can ramp up the heat to 230oC and get light, fluffy middles with crunchy outers!
Using our Wharfe Valley cold pressed rapeseed oil means the batter can be heated to the highest temperature and you will have puddings touching the top of your oven if you follow this well tested Wharfe Valley recipe:
- 350ml milk
- 4 large eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper
- Rapeseed oil – try an infused flavour : garlic, chilli and smoked!
Recipe (makes 12):
- Heat over to highest temperature (upto 230oC) and place shelf in the middle.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Stand batter for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat batter and bake for 28 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR until time has elapsed.
- Allow to cool in a large plastic or wood bowl.
- Serve with delicious Yorkshire gravy.
TIP – We love them as a dessert with our raspberry vinegar and a big scoop of ice-cream. Delicious!
Happy Yorkshire Pudding Day!
We’ve shared a link to our perfect roast dinner recipe here: