Preparation time – 30 mins to 1 hour
Cooking time – less than 10 mins
- 125 ml Shaoxing rice wine
- 125 ml Sake
- 125 ml Mirin
- 125 ml Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. Caster sugar
- 4 x 175g Salmon fillets
For the mayonnaise:
- 2 handfuls coriander, roughly chopped
- 200ml ‘Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil’
- 2 free range eggs, yolks only
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Heat the frying pan until hot and add rice wine vinegar, sake, mirin, soy sauce and caster sugar – simmer.
- Reduce liquid down a little then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place salmon in a bowl and pour over half the sauce and leave to marinade in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat frying pan and add salmon (presentation side down). Cook for 1 – 2 mins and then turn.
- Pour over remainder of teriyaki sauce and cook for another 2 – 3 mins or until cooked through.
- For coriander mayonnaise, add coriander to pan of boiling water and cook for one minute. Transfer then into a bowl of iced water.
- Place into a blender with ‘Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil’ and blend until a fine puree.
- Place egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, salt and lemon juice into a clean food processor. Blend to combine and then gradually with motor still going, add the coriander oil.
- Continue until the mayonnaise has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place salmon on a plate and drizzle with the coriander mayonnaise.