What’s the Wharfe Valley Farms secret to delicious pancakes?
We add a dash of our award winning cold pressed rapeseed oils and a twist to the traditional pancake recipe.
Try our award winning Great Taste Wharfe Valley infused Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed Oil to add a delicious taste that can be either sweet or savoury.
Our Red Chilli Rapeseed Oil can add a real kick to the recipe if you want to spice up a savoury version. We infuse the whole chilli!
Our oils are available to order for next day delivery and we have plenty of stock in 250ml or 500ml bottles.
Have some fun with our recipe below:
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs – free range recommended
- 300ml semi skimmed milk for healthy version
- 1 tablespoon Wharfe Valley Lemon Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- Lemon wedges for savoury
- Castor Sugar and lemon chunks for sweet
- Put all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly to a runny batter consistency.
- Set aside for an hour or until needed. Better rested!
- Add a tablespoon of rapeseed oil of your choice (lemon/chilli/plain) to a medium frying pan ensuring a good all over coating then heat to 230oC.
- When the frying pan and oil is really hot then carefully add your batter to the pan and cook for 1 minute each side until golden brown and then serve to a plate and add your topping.
- We like to serve with chunks of lemon and a light coating of castor sugar.