Preparation time – less than 30 mins
Cooking time – less than 10 mins
Serves – 4
For the prawn and crayfish cocktail:
- 350g raw tiger prawns
- 350g raw crayfish
- 2 Little Gems Lettuces, leaves separated
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
For the cocktail sauce:
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 300ml ‘Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil’
- 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes of tabasco
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place prawns and crayfish in a steamer. Cook for 4—5 mins until pink and remove, cool and peel the shells.
- Place egg yolks, white wine vinegar and mustard into a food processor and blend until pale and creamy.
- With motor running gradually poor in ‘Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil’ until you have a thick mayonnaise.
- Place mayonnaise into a bowl and add tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco and lemon juice and
- mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add prawns and crayfish to sauce and stir.
- Spoon into cocktail glasses and sprinkle with cayenne pepper to serve.