Preparation time—30 mins
Cooking time 10—30 mins
- 1 free range egg
- 100ml clear honey
- 75ml ‘Wharfe Valley’ rapeseed oil’
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 100g wholemeal self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160C. Brush a 20cm cake tin with melted butter, to grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, honey, ‘Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil’, butter and apple juice until well combined.
- Add the ground hazelnuts and the flour and stir gently until well combined.
- Transfer the cake mixture to the greased tin, level the mixture out using a palette knife or spatula, then transfer to the oven and bake for 15—20 minutes, or until the cake has risen and is golden brown.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, place on a large serving plate and decorate with raspberries dusted with icing sugar.