We love trying new ways to use our rapeseed oils and we’ve come up with a delicious recipe for lemon and sultana scones using our Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed oil.
Quick and easy to make as you don’t need to rub in the dry ingredients and it’s a great way to use our FREE Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed Oil :
FREE 500ml bottle of Sicilian Rapeseed Oil in June 2020 with every ambient order online over £20*. (Excludes hand sanitisers).
Serves 4 with 2 open topped scones or 8 halves.
Takes 10 minutes preparation and 10 -12 minutes cooking time.
Oven: 190°C / gas mark 5
- 200gm self raising flour
- 100gm Sultanas
- 50gm Caster Sugar
- 50ml Wharfe Valley Farms Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed Oil
- 120ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C / gas mark 5
- Lightly grease baking tray with small amount of lemon rapeseed oil
- Mix flour, sultanas, sugar, oil and milk in large bowl, add salt and mix together with wooden spoon until a dough
- Roll out the mixture on a floured surface
- Use a sharp round cutter and make 8 circular scones
- Lightly brush scone tops with a little extra milk
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes until soft and golden
- Leave to cool on rack for 10 minutes then enjoy with a filling of your choice.
Suggested fillings: lemon curd, strawberry or blackcurrant jam, butter or fresh cream.
We went for jam and squirty cream in the Wharfe Valley Farms office.
We enjoyed the home-made tasty treat whilst social distancing, brought in to work by one of our team, Hayley Dodsworth, in Sales and Marketing.
Share your ways of using our products and we’ll share them with our fans!