We love trying new ways to use our rapeseed oils and we’ve come up with a delicious recipe for lemon and sultana scones using our Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed oil.
Serves 4 with 2 open topped scones or 8 halves.
Takes 10 minutes preparation and 10 -12 minutes cooking time.
Oven: 190°C / gas mark 5
- 200gm self raising flour
- 100gm Sultanas
- 50gm Caster Sugar
- 50ml Wharfe Valley Farms Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed Oil
- 120ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C / gas mark 5
- Lightly grease baking tray with small amount of lemon rapeseed oil
- Mix flour, sultanas, sugar, oil and milk in large bowl, add salt and mix together with wooden spoon until a dough
- Roll out the mixture on a floured surface
- Use a sharp round cutter and make 8 circular scones
- Lightly brush scone tops with a little extra milk
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes until soft and golden
- Leave to cool on rack for 10 minutes then enjoy with a filling of your choice.
Suggested fillings: lemon curd, strawberry or blackcurrant jam, butter or fresh cream.
We went for jam and squirty cream in the Wharfe Valley Farms office.