Yorkshire Puddings have long been associated with a red hot cooking temperature and our Wharfe Valley rapeseed oils are a great way to achieve the perfect result without burning!
Using plain or infused rapeseed oil means the batter can be heated to the highest temperature and you will have puddings touching the top of your oven you follow this well tested Wharfe Valley recipe.
We’ve shared our best ever Yorkshire Pudding recipe below:
- 350ml milk
- 4 large eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper
- Rapeseed oil – try an infused flavour : garlic, chilli and smoked!
Recipe (makes 12):
- Heat over to highest temperature (upto 230oC) and place shelf in the middle.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Stand batter for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat batter and bake for 28 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR until time has elapsed.
- Allow to cool in a large plastic or wood bowl.
- Serve with delicious Yorkshire gravy.
TIP – We love them as a dessert with raspberry vinegar and a big scoop of ice-cream. Delicious!
Enjoy your day!