It’s not too late to bake our favourite carrot cake slices to celebrate Carrot Cake Day UK with Wharfe Valley Farms!
Here’s the best carrot cake recipe we’ve ever eaten at Wharfe Valley Farms. It’s tried and tested and a firm favourite amongst the team – and their families!!!
- 2 carrots
- 3 eggs
- 6 fl oz / 175ml Wharfe Valley original rapeseed oil
- 7 fl oz / 200g castor sugar
- 7 fl oz / 200g plain flour
- 4 fl oz / 100g chopped pecan/cashews/walnuts/brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder/bicarbonate of soda/ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 20 oz / 50g icing sugar
- 7 oz / 200g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
We used an 8×8 inch squared shallow baking tray (silicon preferred)
- Heat the oven to 180oC, 350oF, gas mark 4.
- Use a silicon tray to avoid greasing or line tin with grease proof paper.
- Wash the carrots, top them and then grate them carefully.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat them with a fork.
- Put the lemon rapeseed oil and castor sugar in a large bowl and beat them together well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs to the rapeseed oil and sugar gradually, then beat the mixture well with spoon.
- Stir in the grated carrot and chopped nuts.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt over the mixture.
- Gently fold everything together with a metal spoon.
- Add the mixture into the cake tin and smooth with the spoon back.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 45 minutes until firm.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Add the cream cheese and lemon juice. Beat well and then add over the top of the cooled cake.
- Spread the topping over the cake with a knife then decorate the cake with nuts, or lemon rind.
- Slice into squares to share – serves 12.
Enjoy the treat! Happy carrot cake day! #carrotcakerecipe #lovelemonoil
Click on the link to find our delicious Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil range!