We would like to share a vegan mayonnaise recipe we have been sent by a Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil fan – thank you Holly Heyes from West Yorkshire.
Our award winning Wharfe Valley red chilli rapeseed oil was used to add some fire to this vegan mayonnaise however you can also use the original flavour, both available in 250ml or 500ml, from our online shop:
Enjoy our recipe!
- 3 x tbsp water
- 1 x tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 x tsp maple syrup
- 1 x tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ x tsp salt
- 200ml cold pressed chilli rapeseed oil
onnaise (with Sweet Chilli option):
- Place the water, cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and salt in a jug. Using a stick blender, whizz the ingredients until fully combined.
- Add 2 x tablespoons of rapeseed oil to the mixture and pulse with a stick blender until the oil is combined. Add another 2 tablespoons of oil and pulse for a few seconds until all combined. Repeat this process, slowly adding 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil each time, until all the oil is added and the mayonnaise is creamy.
- Transfer the mayonnaise to a clean jar with a lid and use, whilst keeping refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Dip or add to a salad bowl for a delicious vegan treat!
#veganuary #veganmayonnaise #chillimayonnaise #veganuary2021