Celebrity chefs have raved about its ﬂavour and its outstanding health beneﬁts have made it the latest must-have in the pantry. Rapeseed Oil has the lowest saturated fat content of any culinary oil and less than half the saturated fat found in olive oil
Why Rapeseed Oil is the healthier tastiest choice
Rapeseed Oil has the lowest saturated fat of any culinary oil and less than half that of Olive Oil. In recent years Mediterranean produced Olive Oil has tended to overtake sunflower and vegetable oils in popularity and has been perceived as a healthy alternative. However Rapeseed Oil in fact naturally replicates a diet of low saturated fat found in olive oil and good essential omega oils normally obtained from fish.
The health conscious French nation also discovered Rapeseed Oil generations ago and the product is commonplace on supermarket shelves in that country.
The British, it seems may well have shied away from embracing Rapeseed Oil as a serious healthy alternative to other cooking oils due to the unfortunate name. Despite ongoing campaigning and media coverage about the dangers of overeating we still as a nation consume too much saturated fat which can lead to symptoms such as obesity, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease. Rapeseed Oil has been shown to help reduce such symptoms when it is combined into a balanced diet.
What are the health benefits of Rapeseed Oil?
- Contains the lowest saturated fat content of any oil – less than half that of Olive Oil.
- Has 10 times more Omega 3 than Olive Oil.
- It is a good source of Vitamin E.
- High in monounsaturated fats.
- Contains no artificial preservatives and is trans-fat and GM free.
- It is suitable for a variety of diets – vegetarian, gluten-free, Kosher and Halal.
- It is safe to cook at high temperatures with a burning point of 230c much higher than Olive Oil.
Did you know that Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil can be used like every other cooking oil? (sunflower, olive and vegetable oils).
What are the uses for Rapeseed Oil?
- Frying and Deep fat frying.
- Sauces e.g Mayonnaise and salad dressing.
Given the obvious health and dietary benefits of this natural product and its versatility of uses, why not switch today to Wharfe Valley Farm’s Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil in place of your usual cooking oil?